Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Name That Book Camp

Today I am going to "Name That Book Camp." Name That Book is a contest in our school for 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade. The librarian says a sentence from a book, then the team that was asked the sentence whispers about the title and takes a guess what the title is. The team has only 1 min. to guess what the book is. If the team runs out of time, it's the next team's turn and they get a new question.
Name That Book Camp helps us prepare for the competition. They read us 1 short book and then let us check out 2 books from our library to take home.
There are 100 books on the Name That Book list. You don't have to read them all, because your teammates will read some too. There are 6 people on a team.

Have you ever heard of the Name That Book Contest?

6 comments:

Jan said...

My daughter is 10 years old and has a blog too. You guys can be blog buddies. I know your mother from blogging, so I am sure that would be okay with her too.


newzofmissmattie.blogspot.com

Have a great day today.. Bye. Jan

Elizabeth said...

If you don't know me I am Jan's Daughter's best friend. Where do you live? I have actually been to a contest simular like that. Instead we only had to read 16 books. We had to read books and answer questions. My team was one question to making it to the final round. How old are you? What grade are you going into? I'm sorry I am asking so many questions but I have never had a blogging buddy that I don't them in real life.
My sister and I share a blog. The way you can tell it is me is that at the end of every comment I put

blog4ever!

Comment back to me. Maybe we can get t oknow eachother better. By the way on my blog header I am the one on the left.

comment to u l8er

blog4ever!

♥miss~mattie♥ said...

I have heard something like it. It is called BOB. BOB stands for battel of books. I got 2nd place.
Bye bye.

[jessica] said...

I've been in a contest sort of like that too! only we called it the Battle of the Books and we competed against other schools. By the way, i'm jan's daughter's best friend's cousin! =] confusing, i know.

Anonymous said...

Hi Abby,
Wow, you sure have a lot of comments for your 1st day!
Auntie Mandi sent an email today and she'll put you on as soon as she can.
I love you. Hope you had fun at NTB club today.
Love, Mom

♥miss~mattie♥ said...

I forgot to say something. I am Jan's daughter. Then the s sissies are my friends. And Miss Lilac is the s sissies cousin and my friend. Then you are my friend. Bye bye.